Thursday, December 28, 2017

Christmas 2017

This is a quick post to recap Christmas and share a few photos.  Back at Thanksgiving time, we were so worried about Maddy, and the two weeks following Thanksgiving were all about her recovery from surgery, so this has felt like a very truncated Christmas season for us.

Nonetheless, it has been a very nice Christmas break so far!  C has been off the entire time with me, so that in and of itself, is a gift!

Somehow I've been to the movies three times in one week:  I went to lunch and to see Coco with one of my very favorite former students; I saw Coco again the day after Christmas with C, my mom, and my brother; and I saw The Last Jedi for the second time with C and my family a few days before Christmas.  Three movies in five days!  I've already written about how much I loved Coco, but overall, I really liked TLJ, too!  There were some aspects that I thought were ridiculous or unnecessary, but compared to The Force Awakens – which I despised – it was a decided upgrade in my opinion!

Highlight of Christmas?  Spending time with our baby niece, who is the cutest thing on two legs! Yay! So fun!

Lowlight of Christmas? C's parents not being able to make it down here from Canada because of the record snowfall in northwest PA and western NY!  Boooooo. Thanks for nothing, weather!

I don't know if it's age, the result of the year we've had, a combination of these two things, or something completely different, but for me, Christmas really is just about being with the people you love.  To quote Dr. Seuss:

"And he puzzled and puzzled 'til his puzzler was sore.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.
What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store?
What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?"

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas spent with those you love!



We actually got a little snow in VA...
which lasted less than a day, but still looked so pretty!






Maddy continued sleeping under the tree in our foyer
every afternoon to take advantage of the sunshine!

She will be disappointed when this tree comes down!

Ginny managed to snag some time in the sun for herself!



Love our new ornament from my mom!



Sobbing, sobbing, and more sobbing...

My New Title #promotion

I.Cannot.Handle.This.Adorable.Face.

Merry Christmas!



Happy Tails to you!

1 comment:

  1. We live in SE VA as well. I am @doxiemumz and my husband is @veganocubano on IG. We love seeing your pups' exploits!!

    ReplyDelete