Sunday, May 8, 2022

Puerto Rico 2022

We went to Puerto Rico for a few days to celebrate C's birthday and it's always fantastic to go somewhere we haven't been before!


We flew down on Saturday morning and Southwest made a few announcements about it being a full flight, so when we were boarding, we decided to grab the first two seats that had overhead bin space above them. We were worried about sitting near each other because we were in the B boarding group and there were already passengers on the plane because it was a connecting flight to San Juan. We took two aisle seats one behind the other, happy to be near each other, but if you've read any other of my posts, you know that I am a window seat girl. So me sitting in an aisle seat should tell you how many announcements the gate agents made about it being a full flight. Let me skip to the punchline and report that it was NOT a full flight and the Southwest gate agents lied (a typical tactic to get people to board quickly) and I very much regretted sitting in an aisle seat. When I sit in a window seat, I usually put my sunglasses on, listen to music, and sleep for most of every flight. No one bothers me and that's the way I like it. This is not what happens in an aisle seat, where you are forced to accommodate the two people sitting in the same row with you. In my case, I had a very annoying lady in the middle seat beside me who kept having to get up to dig around in her bag in the overhead bin, to go to the bathroom, to stretch her legs, and so on. She kept trying to chat with me and repeatedly offered me bubble gum, not taking the fact that I was listening to music as a sign that I was not interested in conversation. Three times she CLIMBED OVER ME because I was dozing and she "didn't want to disturb me." Hello?!? I'd rather you wake me up than climb over me in the most awkward manner, stepping on and bumping me in the process! No sense of respecting my personal space! C prefers the aisle seat because he rarely sleeps on any flights and it gives him the option of getting up without disturbing anyone else, but never again will I choose an aisle seat if I can avoid it!

After finally landing, the rest of our day was fairly quiet. We took an uber to our hotel, which was absolutely beautiful and spent Saturday, Sunday, and Monday mostly hanging out because it was cloudy and rainy all three days! Given how lovely the hotel was, I have no complaints whatsoever about this beyond the fact that I couldn't take a ton of pictures due to the overcast weather. I've written before about a vacation vs. a trip, and this was definitely intended to be a vacation, so hanging out at a beautiful hotel with ocean views was perfect for relaxation!

On Monday, the rain let up a bit, so we went into historic Old Town for part of the day, and then on Tuesday, the day we were leaving, the sun came out and I was able to get some nice photos before we checked out at noon to head to the airport. Our flight home was actually full, so we had someone sit between us, but I was thrilled to have a window seat so I could sleep!

It was great to visit Puerto Rico and I know if we'd been able to stay longer and if the weather had been more cooperative, we would have explored more, but it was a great getaway to celebrate my favorite person!
























































Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment