Friday, May 22, 2020

Names

When we said goodbye to Riley in March, I wanted something with all of our names on it. I'd seen several cool scrabble tile creations, and I found a shop on Etsy that makes prints. I love how it turned out!

family


Names are so important. They're part of our identity.

Of our eight dogs, we named three of them; for the other five, we kept the names that came with them from the rescue organization. When we visited the elephant sanctuary in Thailand, the volunteers told us that the elephants are given a new name when they are taken in at the sanctuary - "New name for a new life" - and so whether it was us, or the rescue organization, our dogs each got a new name when they started a new life.

Seeing our names arranged all together, intertwined, makes me so incredibly happy!

On another note, as a teacher, I am always keenly aware of how a student spells their name because I know how it feels when people don't bother learning the correct spelling! I've had people spell my name incorrectly my entire life, and while I'm "used to" it, I still dislike it greatly! In this day and age, where my name is printed in all emails I send, on my FB profile, on all school and university documentation, I do NOT understand how people can spell it wrong!

exactly!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment