Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Here We Go...

Following in the footsteps of my lovely friends who already have blogs, I've decided to finally just go ahead and start my own.  It is something I've been thinking about doing for quite a while, and I've decided not to worry whether or not anyone will actually read it!

My goal is for this blog to be a place where I can share my musings about my life and the things I love:  my husband, my dogs, my family, all things Disney, travel, books, naps, hockey, crowns, math, colors, the night sky, and who knows what else!  I like the idea of capturing and sharing my thoughts in a way that is not practical on Facebook.  I have always been a glass-half-full type of girl, and I strongly believe people choose to be happy or choose to be miserable.  I am in the former camp and therefore I focus on the good things around me.

Hence, this blog.  The name?  Well, my beloved dogs are Dachshunds, a.k.a. "wiener" dogs.  The "Wiener Dog Blog" did not have the cute rhyming quality I was looking for (and truth be told, I've never really cared for the term "wiener dog," even though everyone seems to understand what kind of dogs I have whenever I say it!).  So I considered what other objects my dogs resemble, and when I thought of "log," it was a a perfect fit. Particularly applicable to our Maddy -- or as we refer to her, our "chunky monkey."

So here we are...the launch of the Log Dog Blog!  Thanks for spending a few minutes of your day with me!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment