Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Memories 2013

Just a quick story about Christmas...






Santa was very good to everyone this year and we had some wonderful family time together!  Nothing makes me happier than having my house filled with people I love and I treasure every moment because life is so short and it is so important to appreciate the opportunity to be with those dearest to my heart.

It was all over far too quickly for my liking, but the lovely memories will remain forever, including everyone standing together out in the driveway on the cold and crisp night of December 25 to watch the ISS pass overhead.  Amazing.

My favorite moment comes courtesy of our sweet godson.  Every Christmas Eve, my best friend comes over with her awesome husband and our two godchildren to exchange gifts and spend time with my family.

N, who is 6 years old, suffered through the obligatory gauntlet of people hugging him before heading to the family room where our dogs were.



N:  (looking around) Where’s Gunni?

Me:  Oh, sweet Gunni passed away.

N:  (confused)  She did?  Where?  Where is she?

Me:  Well, she was very old and our vet took very good care of her and she’s in heaven now.

N:  Oh.  (long pause, then sad voice)  I liked Gunni.

Cue tears.

Me:  Me, too.

N:  It's OK.  She's at the Rainbow Bridge.



I love that boy so much.



Happy Tails to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment