Saturday, February 1, 2014

Lovely Lyrics

I am starting something new on my blog!  In addition to our dogs, traveling, and other assorted ramblings, I am going to post lyrics to songs that are meaningful to me in some way.

Why?  Because music is magic.

Music can alter your mood and transport you to places near and far, past and future.  Music has played a big role in my life and it continues to inspire me, console me, and entertain me.  I love all kinds of music, but there is one genre particularly close to my heart, which will come as no surprise.

I listen to a lot of Disney music.  A LOT.  Of the 43 playlists currently on my phone, 30 of them are Disney music.  It is easy for – to borrow a word from J. K. Rowling – muggles to dismiss this music as childish and trivial (admittedly, some of it is, but I see nothing wrong with that!).  However, I think that many of the songs send powerful messages about hope and resilience and believing in great things, and I make it a point to avoid negativity whenever possible, so I love them.  Forget glass-half-full…I think the glass is overflowing and we should remember that.

Not all of the lyrics will be from Disney songs, but I suspect many will.  I will note the songwriter/performer whenever possible and tell you where the song is from.  At times, I may make a comment or two about why I chose the song; other times, I will let you interpret the words as you see fit.  Some may be serious, some may be silly…but I hope you will enjoy them either way.  I will be calling these posts “Lovely Lyrics” and aim to write one each week.


“If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. 
I often think in music.
I live my daydreams in music.
I see my life in terms of music.” 


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment