Friday, August 22, 2014

Ashford Castle

Although I plan on writing about the rest of our trip when we return home, I figured Ashford Castle was worthy of its own post simply because it was such a unique experience.

When we were planning what to do in Ireland, I had only one wish:  to stay in a castle.  On Wednesday, August 13, we did just that.  It was so amazing!  I love Cinderella Castle and Sleeping Beauty Castle, but come on – Ashford Castle is a REAL castle!  We have been so fortunate to stay in some incredible places over the course of our travels, but this castle was indescribable.  I wish we could have spent a year there!

For those of you who watch HGTV, you are familiar with the term “open concept floor plan.”  While it is clearly not a popular opinion, I am NOT AT ALL a fan of open concept floors plans.  I love doorways and hallways and staircases and separate rooms…I think there is something so charming and romantic about quiet corners and cozy nooks.

As you’ll see in the photos below, Ashford Castle was filled with all of these elements that I love so much.  Even though we were only there for about 24 hours, we filled our time with awesome memories – relaxing in the lounge listening to live music, exploring the castle, wandering the beautiful gardens and grounds, and taking a boat cruise around Lough Corrib.  Just lovely!




























































Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment