Friday, May 15, 2015

The Perpetual Student

I was thinking about how long I've been in school and decided to do some quick math.

While I understand that some people's definition of a "full-time" schedule might actually be fewer classes / credits than what I've listed below, I operated on the following notions:

-  30 credit hours constitutes a full-time schedule at the Bachelor's degree level
(10 classes per year / 5 classes per semester)

-  24 credit hours constitutes a full-time schedule at the Master's degree level
(8 classes per year / 4 classes per semester)

-  18 credit hours constitutes a full-time schedule at the Doctorate degree level
(6 classes per year / 3 classes per semester)

So I looked at all of my transcripts and figured out how many years I was a full-time student at each level using this formula:
credit hours earned
divided by
credit hours per full-time academic year
equals
number of years

Bachelor's
227 credit hours ÷ 30 credit hours = 7.56 years

Master's
96 credit hours ÷ 24 credit hours = 4 years

Doctorate
59 credit hours ÷ 18 credit hours = 3.28 years



Then I added all of those totals together:

7.56 years + 4 years + 3.28 years = 14.84 years


SO what does this mean?

I have earned the equivalent of more than 14 FULL-TIME YEARS of college credit.

That is more than all the years I spent in school from kindergarten through high school.

How crazy is that?!?


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment