Friday, February 26, 2016

In My Heart She Left a Hole

February 26 is a pretty important day in my life; in 1999, I met my Chelsea.

So this is the first February 26 since that day without her by my side.

This is perhaps one of the hardest things about losing someone you love…all of the "firsts" you experience without them.  These moments catch me off guard because I am still not used to her absence.  Not sure I ever will be.  No little dog demanding to share my coffee each day; no little dog sleeping right next to me each night.  And a million other little things each day that defined our existence together.

I shed many tears today, as I have on countless other days since she left us.  But February 26 is particularly hard because she made us parents – responsible for someone other that just ourselves for the first time ever.

So even though we have settled into our new normal, to us, there's nothing normal about it.  We miss our girl.

this face <3
tiny Dachshund engraved on a bracelet from C <3
perfect gift from my best friend <3

she will always be my Tinker Bell <3
this has been my Starbucks card for more than seven years <3


Happy Tails to you…

*Post title is a line from Coldplay's "Us Against the World."

1 comment:

  1. PawsedFebruary 27, 2016 at 2:48 PM
    The one and the only . Chelsea , we miss you everyday. Often in our thoughts and always in our hearts. #1 forever . miss my pal

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete