Monday, February 20, 2017

Weekend in Philadelphia

One of my gifts to C for Valentine's Day was a weekend trip to Philadelphia because despite us having traveled there several times, we'd never visited the historical sites.  Not sure why – I guess because we'd only taken day trips for sporting events there – but with a three-day weekend and beautiful weather on the horizon, it seemed like the perfect thing to do!

We drove up on Saturday morning and spent the rest of the day and all day on Sunday soaking up as much history as possible before heading home on Monday morning.  We had such a fun weekend!  And I'm not going to lie – I was overcome and shed many tears as I read, watched, and listened to all of the accounts of the events leading up to, during, and after the Revolutionary War.  Our history is complex and moving, to say the least, and as an immigrant, I think I digest it with a unique perspective and appreciation for it.

In addition to the amazing history, we loved the hotel, we ate at some awesome restaurants, and we just generally enjoyed our time together.  If only we could spend every weekend living it up in a cool city!























































Happy Tails to you!

4 comments:

  1. You two just have so much fun together. How awesome...my favorite pic is the American/Pride flag. LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool trip.

    I understand how that feels. For McHenry is another place it is difficult to avoid getting teary-eyed and patriotic.... Especially these days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ×Fort

      And yes I mention Fort McHenry as a tribute to your national anthrm quotation

      Delete
    2. I'm sure you have similar reactions. <3

      Delete