Saturday, March 21, 2020

Quarantine: Week 1

It's been…one week (and if you sang that in Steven Page's voice from the Barenaked Ladies song of the same name, I love you).

I think Ginny is confused
as to why we are always home,
but she's not complaining!


Frankly, this self-quarantine has not really felt too different from regular life for us. We are both homebodies and we haven't minded staying inside. With my mom living with us and being immuno-compromised, I'm actually relieved that I don't have to interact with people because it lessens the chance of me inadvertently passing the virus to her.

So what have we been up to? I'd love to report that we've been doing a bunch of fun stuff, but the reality is that both of us have been working. C has been working long hours every day, and since in addition to my regular job, I'm also an adjunct professor, I've been prepping to shift from a face-to-face format to an online format for the course I'm teaching this semester. I'm so grateful to have such a great support system at the university, as well as students who are flexible about how we will proceed through the remainder of our class!

In between the work, I've managed to watch 4 Marvel movies, which is quite an accomplishment for me because I am not particularly a fan of superhero stuff. I was really only mildly interested Captain America because I like Chris Evans, so I watched the three Captain America movies and End Game. After seeing these four movies, I'm definitely a fan of Captain America! I love him so much now! I've also done a bunch of things around the house – cleaning and organizing – that I never seem to have time for. Not super exciting, but at least I'm feeling productive.

We've obviously been grieving the loss of our Riley and trying to give Ginny as much attention as possible. We've gone for many car rides to try and cheer her up, and as you'll see in the photos below, I've pretty much kept her right beside me wherever I've been around the house!

Scotty from Jellyrolls,
who performed at our
vow renewal reception at WDW,
has been doing FB Lives!
Ginny and I have been
watching and loving them!

I work; Ginny sleeps.
I do love that little foot!

She's so cute that I don't mind
how unproductive she is!



She is doubtful that these cookies are going to turn out ok.

Happy to report I proved her wrong.
These are the cookies my mom-in-law makes
and they are my favorite!



One really cute family thing to share…my grandma's assisted living home is not allowing people to enter so as not to risk the health of the residents. My aunt took my cousins' children to visit her through the window, and it's clear she loved the surprise visit from her great-grandchildren! Such joy on her face! This made me so happy!

The surprise visit!

Adorable sign!

Such joy!
I love seeing my grandma so happy!


We decided to take Ginny to Washington, DC to see the cherry blossoms, and I was very impressed with the "social distancing" I witnessed. People were admiring the trees, getting some fresh air and exercise, and maintaining an appropriate distance from other people. I was so proud of Ginny, who has never in her life enjoyed walks…other than carrying her across three intersections for safety reasons because she is easily spooked, she walked the whole time! 2.5 miles! I can't say she particularly enjoyed it, as her most purposeful walking occurred when we mentioned returning to the car, but she did it!

Feeling patriotic!


You can tell how thrilled she is
that in addition to forcing her to walk,
we also forced her to take selfies.

The best we could do!

2.5 miles is a very long walk
for those short little legs!

She loves to people-watch!





Love!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment