Thursday, December 31, 2020

2020: A Look Back

Most years, my annual recap is filled with lots of travel. Not the case this year. We canceled 11 trips to WDW and Disneyland that were scheduled between March and December. We canceled a spring break trip to Quebec City. I canceled a Disney Cruise with my mom. As the months wore on, it became more and more apparent that if a trip could be canceled, that was the safe thing to do.

We were able to take two short trips and one quick weekend trip, and we are very grateful for those opportunities. The two short trips were to Disney beach resorts that had been planned pre-COVID, were paid in full, and were non-refundable because we had rented DVC points. The weekend trip was to Shenandoah National Park for two nights. On all three trips, we avoided interacting with people as much as possible and spent our time either in our room or outside at the beach or hiking.

While we weren't able to travel as much as we would have liked, there were definitely positives to this crazy year! The most obvious was being able to be at home. Yes, I love to travel, but I am an introvert at heart and I loved all of the time I was able to spend with Ginny. What an unexpected gift!




I decided that since I don't have trips to write about in this post, I'd pick highlights from each month. If there's one thing that 2020 has demonstrated time and time again, it's important to find joy in both the little moments and the big moments.

January
Disneyland Paris

February
Thailand

March
Riley visits the ocean

April
Ginny visits the Capitol

May
best friends

June
my girl

July
Vero Beach

August
Ginny keeping an eye on me

September
a walk in the woods

October
countless car rides

November
Thanksgiving Walk

December
matching pjs


Unfortunately, there is no positive spin I can put on what was not only the absolute worst day of this year, but one of the worst days of my life…the day we lost Riley. She was such a sweet little soul and we were looking forward to sharing all of her golden years making memories with her. Having to say goodbye to her so soon after she joined our family was incredibly unfair and we miss her every single day.




Goodbye, 2020! Thanks for the lessons and reminders about what actually matters in life. Let's hope 2021 is filled with brighter days for us all!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment