Monday, October 18, 2021

Ginny is Home

On Saturday, we drove to the vet to pick up Ginny's ashes.

There is a finality to holding that box in my hands.

We spent part of the day going through some of our "dog things" - milkbones and treats because I planned on giving those to two of my best friends who have dogs so that they don't go to waste - and packing up some of Ginny's things really felt like we were closing a chapter of our lives. We decided to look through photos to recall happier times and I found a few more of my favorite pics of her. What brings me comfort is looking back on these moments as proof of what I've always known - that we were so lucky to have found each other.

The impact of her absence is immeasurable and it's difficult to believe that it's now been an entire week without her. We thought we would have more time. We always think there will be more time. Until one day, suddenly, there isn't.

Don't squander any opportunity to tell your people how much you love them.

BFFs

her ears were amazing

I spent countless hours
working on my laptop
with her in a bed beside me and
I miss her steadfast companionship

she never failed to entertain us
with her antics

this precious face

so gifted at making me feel guilty
leaving for school each morning

she loved him so much

her final car ride home

the fireplace mantel in our bedroom
holds our most priceless treasures

Happy Tails to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment