Monday, January 2, 2023

31 Little Joys

For the month of December, I decided to look for something every day that brought me joy. While some days it was hard to choose just one happy thing, other days were more challenging (cough drops? gatorade?)!

I think the best two were when we filled out an application for Avalanche and then when we met him and decided to adopt him; his status on the FOHA site went from "available to adopt" to "pending adoption." 

snuggling under a Dachshund blanket

holiday drinks from Starbucks

candy cane cookies and cream ice cream

veggie burger from Habit

cute magnets for my car

putting up the tree

hanging out with C

my favorite hour every week -
my Challenge 24 Club

a holiday concert with framily

a holiday concert at The Kennedy Center

my favorite Christmas movie

peppermint cupcake cookies

toasted Chelsea on her birthday with
coffee - we miss her terribly

evening announcement about
school being closed the next day

"available to adopt"

found this gem at a used bookstore

"pending adoption"

was very sick and cough drops
were my best friend

still sick and drinking what felt
like gallons of gatorade

peppermint milkshake and all
Christmas episodes of The Office

finally watching Andor

loved this so much

found an adorable Valentine Dachshund
blanket while Christmas shopping

Avalanche's new rainbow leash arrived

one of my favorite gifts -
Eric Carle bombas socks

I am completely in love
with my nephew Max

a short road trip meant multiple
stops at Tim Hortons

awesome veggie dog at Portillo's

stuffed spinach pizza at Giordano's

The Bean
in Millenium Park in Chicago

Primanti Bros.
(the number set only went up to 30,
so I had to make my own 31!)

This little endeavor really helped me to focus on the good things happening every day, no matter how seemingly small or insignificant! Highly recommend!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment