Thursday, March 2, 2023

Life with Avalanche

It's been many weeks since I wrote about Avalanche simply because there's been a lot of other things going on in life, but he has continued to be an amazing dog! We love him so much and are so grateful for the joy he's brought into our life! I previously shared that initially he was not particularly lovey-dovey, and as he has settled in and grown more comfortable, he's definitely accepting more and more affection from us. He is still somewhat reserved/aloof in the giving of affection, but we get lots of tail wags and he makes it known he's happy to be with us at all times (following C pretty much anywhere he goes!). He loves to go for walks and gets very excited about car rides and is playing with toys more often; his signature move is to lean against our legs and let us hug and kiss him, which I am super thrilled with because he didn't allow this when we first brought him home!

Obviously I take a ton of photos because he is so handsome that it's impossible not to pull out my phone all the time!











































When I leave for school in the morning, he's usually lazing about and when I go over to say goodbye for him, he puts a paw on my foot and I love it!






One day when we were in the car, we noticed that he likes to put his head on the top of the back seat and watch out the back window. I started documenting when he did it, and you can see that he does it all the time!
















One thing that has definitely taken some getting used to is the sheer volume of fur...after eight short-haired miniature Dachshunds, we are constantly shocked by just how much dog hair is everywhere now! This picture is after I combed about one-third of one side of him! (soda can for reference!)



Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment