Thursday, October 5, 2023

Life Lately September 2023

September was a pretty busy month, but I'm not complaining! We started the month with a road trip to Canada for Labor Day weekend because we had some things to do for my mom's estate and it gave Avalanche the chance to be spoiled by his grandparents!

the car is his favorite place

being the laziest eater possible

he loves sitting out on the patio furniture

the first time he's ever willingly
walked into water with us
(admittedly it was to drink the dirty water, but still!)


I'm growing more accustomed to this new role at work and to being spilt between two schools with some time at central office, but I miss my former school and colleagues terribly! They surprised me with a beautiful piece of art (rainbows!!!) and I love it so much! I have it hanging in one of my offices and it makes me happy every time I look at it!



another wonderful gift from one of my best friends...
captures the Dachshund attitude perfectly

bought two cute name banners for my offices


I went to WDW twice - once with two of my best friends and once with C - and there haven't been too many times in my life when I've been lucky enough to go there twice in one month! I also went to an educator night at the International Spy Museum in D.C. and it was so well done! Such a cool event!




strong memory, yes, but I am NOT
really known for my technical know-how

Finally, we ended the month with a road trip to New York to visit B2 and S2. We miss them very much and I just wanted to hug my brother so badly. It also gave Avalanche the chance to meet his cousins, pups Max and Kazak and kitty Glen. If you know me, you know I love all three of them, but I love, love, love, love, LOVE Max. When my brother adopted him 13 years ago, he was living with us, so our house was Max's first home and he grew up with our Dachshunds and he is so incredibly special to me. 2023 has been A YEAR and with everything that was happening, I hadn't seen Max since Christmas! How is that even possible?!? As such, Avalanche hadn't met Max yet. I'm so happy to share that they got along famously! The most heartwarming thing was that as a general rule, Avalanche is not a tail wagger; his aloof personality does not lend itself to expressions of joy. LOL! But he wagged his tail repeatedly when he was with Max! REPEATEDLY! Seeing him happy made me so happy! As the afternoon went on, Kazak grew accustomed to Avalanche and all was well on that front. Glen, however, was highly annoyed by Avalanche's presence and hid the entire time after hissing loudly to make his extreme displeasure known. After our visit, Avalanche had his first hotel stay and the staff at the hotel commented several times about how well behaved he was!


on the road!

at long last!



napping with Kazak

a cake slice vending machine
at a rest stop in NJ

had to

it was delicious!

waiting to check in

elevator ride

he was excited!

making himself at home!

As usual, I have a collection of random Avalanche pics from this month:






he was standing in the rainbow created
by the prismatic film on our windows


Dachshunds are known for curling up into circles
when they sleep ("Donut Dogs"), so seeing Avalanche
sleeping in a circle was beyond adorable




my daily welcome home committee

I'll leave you with this...Husky Shedding Season! I was just petting his leg and the fur coming off of him was insane!



Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment