Monday, January 1, 2024

WDW December 2023

If I'm being honest, I wasn't really looking forward to this trip. Of course I love traveling and I love WDW, but I'd been having a hard time time since mid-November...the holiday season was a serious challenge for me and I got pretty sick at Thanksgiving and dealt with that for several weeks. However, C assured me that a little Disney Magic would lift my spirits and he was right!

every year, this Christmas tree at Contemporary
is my very favorite in all of WDW

One cute thing that happened at the airport: two of my amazing friends happened to be on the same early morning flight!



We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside in one of the Royal Guest Rooms which are super cute with adorable prince and princess details. Overall, it is such a nice resort and we always enjoy our stays here!













My favorite thing about these rooms?
The fiber optic fireworks in the headboards!



Over the course of the trip, we went to three of the theme parks and were even able to meet up with one of best friends for a little while when we were both at MK! The holiday decorations at the parks were so pretty, and I particularly love the nostalgic feel of the decor at DHS! When we had breakfast at Whispering Canyon Cafe, our server told us a little known fact about the Millenium Falcon in Galaxy's Edge - that there's a miniature Millenium Falcon mounted under the big one! He described its location, and of course we had to go and find it!



















our server told us to look under the cockpit

we found it!




One of the best things about the holidays at WDW is the decor at the resorts, so we took some time to visit a bunch of them!

Riverside

Wilderness Lodge

Grand Floridian

Grand Floridian

French Quarter

Boardwalk

Boardwalk

Yacht Club

Animal Kingdom Lodge





Beaches and Cream

our server at Whispering Canyon Cafe
was pretty entertaining...
first he brought my drink in the tiny glass,
then brought me a regular glass,
and then when I asked for a refill,
he brought this enormous half gallon


We visit "our" gazebo whenever possible to reminisce and remember very happy times!


So even though I'd been having a really hard time in the weeks leading up to the trip, I'm glad we didn't cancel it because our time away definitely lifted my sagging spirits. Disney Magic at work!

Happy Tails to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment