Saturday, July 12, 2014

Rehoboth Beach

We decided to take a quick day trip to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware today.  It was glorious.  The weather was undeniably perfect – sunny, low 80s, slight breeze – a great day to spend at the beach.  We arrived pretty early, and as you can see in the photos below, the spot we chose was pretty unpopulated, so we sort of felt like we had the entire Atlantic to ourselves.

We watched a pod of dolphins not too far out, and they kept surfacing and popping out of the water.  A few of them even leapt into the air and then dove back in!  I was so excited that even though C was trying to read a book, I kept interrupting him with “Did you see that?” and “There’s more over there!” comments.  We estimate that there were between twelve and eighteen dolphins, and I was in heaven watching those beautiful creatures frolicking in the ocean.  Where they should be!

One thing I love about going there is the drive.  I love bridges because I find them architecturally interesting and I like thinking about all of the math that goes into their construction. And the Bay Bridge that crosses Chesapeake Bay is awesome!  The picture below is obviously taken through the windshield of our car as we were driving, but look at this bridge!  Beautiful!


On our way home earlier this evening, we stopped for dinner in Odenton, Maryland at an Italian restaurant called Mamma Roma.  This might not seem noteworthy, but my absolutely-no-contest favorite food on earth is at this restaurant.  It is the bruschetta.  You’re probably thinking, Who cares? You can get bruschetta all over the place!, but I am telling you, this bruschetta is out of this world.  Is it the melted mozzarella that separates this from all other bruschetta?  I don't know.  But I love it.  As in, if I only had one meal left on earth, this would be it.  No question!




Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment