Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sweetest Day

Sweetest Day is typically thought of as a “Hallmark holiday,” but according to Wikipedia, it was actually established in 1921 by a candy company.  Regardless of its origin, I am a fan.  It’s like a mini-Valentine’s Day in the fall!

I had no plans to write a blog post about Sweetest Day, but then this happened:



Sleeping Beauty was finally released on blu-ray this week, and I could not wait to add it to my collection.  I remember seeing it for the first time at a drive-in with my mom when I was very young, and I absolutely loved the movie, even though Maleficent became the villain I was most terrified of growing up.  The music is awesome (I featured the lyrics to Once Upon a Dream a few months ago when my brother and sister-in-law got married) and I love the style of animation.

The fact that C bought the movie for me for Sweetest Day was very kind of him.  But it was the sunglasses that put the gift over the top because of the thoughtfulness behind them.

For those of you who aren’t fans of Sleeping Beauty, two of the three good fairies, Flora and Merryweather argue about the color Aurora’s dress should be, saying “Make it pink!” and “Make it blue!” while using their magic wands to change the color.

One pair of sunglasses is pink and the other is blue…so sweet.

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment