Friday, February 13, 2015

20 Years of Magic: Magic Kingdom Photo Session

Obviously I was mistaken when I stated in the Pete Docter post that I'd reached the end of the posts about our vow renewal!

On February 10, we had a photo session at Magic Kingdom before the park opened.  We had initially hoped to do it during the first week of January, but the dates we needed were not available.  Luckily, as I wrote about yesterday, we were able to schedule a date that fell at the same time I would already be in Orlando for a math conference.

We got up at 4:00 am that morning because the stylist was arriving at 4:45 to do my hair and makeup.  Anyone who knows us understands that we are the furthest thing from "morning people" possible…4:00 am is more likely to be the hour we go to bed, not the hour we get up!

However, I was so excited that I actually woke up right before the alarm was set to ring.  This NEVER happens.  I usually hit the snooze button for more than an hour each day.  This should tell you how much I was looking forward to going to MK!

Hair and makeup was done by 6:30, and at 6:45, our photographers picked us up at our resort.

Our photographer was Dean, who you may recall was one of our photographers for our Welcome Dinner, Ceremony, and Reception, during which he saved the day for me.  I love Dean!  We had requested him for our photo shoot and I was thrilled when we found out he'd be working with us again.  He is just amazing.

His assistant was Amanda, and she was fabulous, too!  Once again, we were feeling incredibly lucky to have such awesome people in charge of capturing priceless memories for us.

We entered the backstage area of MK, which we'd never seen, and drove straight into the park, past Splash Mountain and Pecos Bill CafĂ©.  We parked in Frontierland, where someone met us with our flowers and balloons.  In addition to our bouquet and boutonniere, I had requested five Mickey balloons to include in some of our photos.  I cannot believe I've now had two of these beautiful bouquets of rainbow roses.  And then also a bouquet of rainbow Mickey balloons?  Magical.




 




As you'll see in the photos below, we really did have an empty park.  It was awesome.  Obviously there were cast members here and there getting things ready for the day, but in all seriousness, there was almost no one around.

We did some photos at Cinderella Castle, at Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, at the turrets that were added to New Fantasyland, the Mad Tea Party, and in the Fairytale Garden where the Merida meet-and-greet takes place.  I may as well have been dreaming.



















When we were at Mad Tea Party, I spotted Anna and Elsa walking past!  I waved, but they didn't see us, so I called out, "Hi, Anna!  Hi, Elsa!" (I have no shame when I'm in a Disney park) and they turned and waved and blew us a kiss.  So cute!

We had to be out of MK by 8:30, since it was opening at 9:00, so we started heading over toward Liberty Square.  Amanda had been handling the balloons for us throughout the morning, and even though they each have a weight attached to the end of their ribbons, it was a pretty breezy day.  Think "Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day."  So when she put them down for a moment, the wind began carrying them away!  They slowly rose into the air, and we figured that was the end of our beloved balloons.  The four of us just stood there as they drifted away.  But they didn't get very far before they began floating back toward to ground!  Amanda took off running after them, and a security guard caught them and handed them to her.  Amanda to the rescue!  She made a joke about wanting us to have an "Up"-inspired experienced, while Dean commented that the slow and graceful manner in which the balloons had initially rose into the air reminded him of "Mary Poppins."  Love, love, love, love, love.  It was so great to hang out with the two of them!

Sorry the photos are dark, but I was facing toward the sun.  You can see the balloons up in the air and then ultimately returning to us.  Also, I was too busy laughing to get good quality photos!








It was a perfect morning and I can't wait to see the photos in a few weeks!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment