Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Girls' Trip to WDW: Wrap-Up

Thursday, August 20

We spent the day at Hollywood Studios, and as soon as we entered the park, the Frozen parade was starting, so we were able to catch that even though we had not been planning on it.  I love when things work out like that!  We had lunch at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater and got to eat in one of the convertibles – it is a fun place to eat and we had an amazing server.  My only complaint is that because it is so dark, you can't really see your food and twice I had to use the flashlight on my phone to see my food.  Small complaint, though, because the food was delicious!
After lunch, we went to Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Star Tours, MuppetVision 3-D, and Toy Story Midway Mania, where my work wife beat me handily.  Not my best showing.  We wandered around the park for a while and then went to the Beauty and the Beast stage show, which was fantastic!
We decided to head back to our hotel for a rest before going to MK for the remainder of the night, but alas, it was not in the cards for us.  We were lucky in that we made it back to the hotel before the rain started, but we were trapped in our room for several hours while there was a pseudo-monsoon outside.  Seriously, the storm was insane!  When it finally settled down to just a drizzle, we went over to the food court to grab some dinner, but that was every other guest's idea, too and it was a madhouse.  We were all feeling a little frazzled, so after we ate, Ariel decided to snuggle with Merida and Belle and relax in the room, and Anna and I decided to go back to Jellyrolls for a few hours.  It turned out to be a awesome ending to a less-than-perfect evening.


Lumiere, Cogsworth, & Mrs. Potts






Ears, Sunglasses, and 3-D Glasses



what the sky looked like when we left DHS

food court insanity


Friday, August 21

We slept in a little on Friday before going over to Epcot for the day.  Our first attraction was Spaceship Earth, which is normally one of my favorites.  However, the ride was stopped for about ten minutes while we were on it, and believe me when I say that those ten minutes felt more like ten hours.  I thought we'd never get out of there!  It didn't help that we were stuck between two scenes so we didn't even really have much to look at.  I was secretly hoping we'd be evacuated from the ride so I could see the interior staircases or whatever else only the employees know about, but the ride did resume.  I was a little disappointed!
We rode Soarin', had lunch at Sunshine Seasons, and rode Living with the Land before going over to The Seas with Nemo and Friends.  My number one reason for spending time there is the manatees.  I could watch them all day long.  There are absolutely one of my very favorite creatures on earth and I never tire of watching them glide through the water.  I also had a very informative conversation with one of the cast members about the rehabilitation and release work they do there.
We spent several hours roaming through World Showcase, with stops at France and Germany for treats, and ended our tour in Mexico, where we had dinner at San Angel Inn.  Another great meal!




Sebastian, Ariel, and "Flownder"






The Three Caballeros:  Donald, Jose, and Panchito







Saturday, August 22

Since this was our last day at the parks, Anna – who had done all of the dining and fast past scheduling for us – had planned our most exciting meal:  breakfast with the princesses in Cinderella Castle!  I love everything about Cinderella's Royal Table because if I could live in a medieval castle, I would.  We met Cinderella on our way in to breakfast, and then Ariel, Aurora, Snow White, and Jasmine came to our table while we were eating.  They were each very witty and charming and I loved watching them interact with our Merida and Belle.
After breakfast, we went to Enchanted Tales with Belle, and then I went to meet Rapunzel and Cinderella while Anna and Ariel took Merida and Belle to the Tomorrowland Speedway and Carousel of Progress.  I really, really, really wanted to meet Rapunzel, and she was so adorable, admiring my Rapunzel ears and t-shirt, so I was over the moon.
We snacked in the afternoon and watched the Festival of Fantasy parade in Frontierland, which is just beautiful.  I had not been feeling well for a few days, and so I decided to go back to the hotel while everyone else stayed at MK for a few hours.  On my way out of the park, I made a point of going to Sunshine Tree Terrace because I had my Orange Bird ears with me, as well as my stuffed Orange Bird and I wanted to take some photos with the sign.  Two awesome cast members saw what I was doing and called out, "Orange Bird fan, we have a surprise for you!" and they handed me a Dole Whip.  I clearly had a confused look on my face, and they said it was a treat for me because I was an Orange Bird fan!  What a fantastic surprise!  My throat was killing me and that Dole Whip was the perfect remedy!
I wasn't really feeling up to doing anything else in the parks and so I spent the evening on my own, meeting up with Dean at Trader Sam's again, and then going to Jellyrolls for a few hours.  It was a relaxing way to spend the evening, and everyone else was able to enjoy the extra magic hours at MK.

my new Alex+Ani bracelets












Jaq & Gus



view from breakfast inside the castle




I love Tangled beyond words!




as you can see, my Dole Whip was melting as I tried to set up this photo

Rainbow Unicorn from Inside Out

Scotty and Ray
Sunday, August 23

Unfortunately, Sunday was our departure day.  We were up early to finish packing and move everything to the car before starting our long drive home at 8:30 am.  Anna and Ariel did all of the driving and I was immensely grateful because I was not feeling well at all.  We arrived home at 10:30 pm. and I know we were relieved to finally be able to sleep in our own beds!

It was a fabulous trip and the fact that we shared a hotel suite for seven nights (not to mention two 14-hour drives!) and did not get sick of each other speaks volumes!  I'm hoping this turns into an annual event!


Happy Tails to you!

2 comments:

  1. List of Awesome things:
    1) picture of AT-AT
    2) Soarin'
    3) Manatees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love that AT-AT photo, too! And I could spend hours watching the manatees. <3

    ReplyDelete