Sunday, November 15, 2015

Fall Trip to CA: Disney California Adventure

Since our trip was a little on the lengthy side, I've broken it up into a series of posts; links to the additional posts can be found at the bottom of this one!

The second park at Disneyland Resort is Disney California Adventure and of the six Disney Parks in the U.S., it is probably my third favorite park after MK and DL.  The different themed areas make it such a fun park to wander around in.





























One spot we wanted to visit was Cove Bar – we'd read about it online and realized that somehow we had overlooked it on every other trip.  We were especially anxious to try a few drinks from their "secret" menu because I's seen some photos of the drinks on Instagram and I was in love with them!  I tried a Mickey's Fun Wheel, while C had a Neverland Tea and a Black Pearl…all of which were delicious and SO beautiful.  I also tried a Poison Apple Martini, and it, too, was completely yum.  Cove Bar has great views of Paradise Pier and it is a perfect spot to relax.  I'm so glad we "discovered" it this trip because it is rather popular and at times had an incredibly long wait.  We really don't know how we missed it on previous visits!



Neverland Tea & Mickey's Fun Wheel

Mickey's Fun Wheel

Black Pearl

Poison Apple Martini

Something else we were looking forward to was the World of Color show because we'd loved it so much in years past.  Well, they revamped it for the 60th anniversary of Disneyland, and I seriously do not have a single positive thing to say about it.  It stars Neil Patrick Harris, who I think is immensely talented, and even he couldn't salvage the show.  We were so incredible disappointed, which is not something we typically experience at a Disney park.  What a huge letdown.  The lights on Mickey's Fun Wheel and in the water were beautiful, but the projections were awful.  We saw the show once and did not bother with it again.  Hopefully it will return to its former glory once the anniversary celebration concludes, but until then, we will be avoiding it.




Finally, one of my very favorite places is the Courtyard Gallery in the Disney Animation building.  I could sit in there for hours and watch all of the scenes from classic Disney movies.  Without fail, I end up sobbing every time we are there.  Should I ever come into a large pile of money, I will spend it constructing a replica of this room in my house.






















DCA is a fabulous park and although I think Disneyland on its own is reason enough to visit California if you are a Disney fan, DCA really, really, really makes a trip out west worthwhile!

That's it for this post!  Check out my other posts about our adventures on this trip...
Northern California
Los Angeles
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland
Mickey's Halloween Party
Disneyland Tours


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment