Sunday, June 5, 2016

Beautiful Day

"It's a beautiful day...don't let it get away..." - U2

This is a quick post.
No funny anecdotes.
No photos.
No big picture revelations.

Just a few thoughts I want to record in some way to remember this day.  While I typically write blog posts about trips or significant events, I feel like today was the epitome of a perfectly ordinary day that was made extraordinary by the people I shared it with.  It's not often that I get to see all of my favorite people on the same day, given that neither of my brothers live in the same state as me and my dad lives on the other side of the country.  I am so fortunate to live close to my mom, but sometimes life gets busy and even we don't see each other as often as I'd like.  But today, I was able to spend time with my favorite seven people on this planet.  And that is something I don't ever want to take for granted.

On top of family time, I attended a concert this afternoon, and was entertained by some very impressive kids, including two children of a very dear friend – both of whom possess such musical talent that I was honestly moved to tears when they performed.  I might be biased, but their performance together was the highlight of the concert and I'm so glad to was able to attend!

I ended the day with a stop at a high school graduation party for one of my former students who has remained exceptionally special to me many years after she sat in my classroom.  I love this girl so, so much.  As a teacher, I know I shouldn't have favorites, but there are just some students who occupy a permanent place in your heart and no student occupies a bigger piece of my heart than this girl.  It is a privilege to know and love her and I have no doubt she is on to great things in college and beyond.

Now I'm spending the evening with C and our three little gals and I honestly could not have designed a more perfect day.

Counting my lucky stars today and always.


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment