Monday, June 18, 2018

According to my students...2018


You may recall my post from this time last year when I shared some of my students' replies from the "All About Mrs. King" paper I ask them to fill out. I really do take their words to heart and I love going back and reading what students wrote about me long after they are no longer in my class!


Here are the responses to the same five questions I shared last year…not only did I have fewer students this year (three classes versus the four I taught last year), but there were many more duplicated answers this year! (Case in point, at least half of them chose "unicorn" as the animal I would be…not that I'm complaining!)

What are my strengths?
  • Everything – nothing can stop her
  • Math
  • Being kind
  • Loving dogs
  • She is funny
  • She has a good personality
  • She finds creative ways to teach
  • Being tough when she needs to
  • Being fair
  • Her power to be strict and not strict
  • Making math fun
  • Being patient and kind
  • Encouraging her students
  • She has dog powers
  • Making us feel happy
  • Decorating
  • Knowing lots of Disney stuff
  • Helping students when they don't get it
  • Hockey knowledge
  • She gives good pep talks
  • Being a teacher and liking pens
  • Making us laugh




What is your favorite thing about me?
  • She likes Star Wars and Harry Potter
  • Her love of Disney
  • She likes hockey and math
  • How she decorates her classroom
  • She loves math
  • She doesn't give up on her students
  • She loves unicorns and rainbows
  • How she decorates her classroom with the things she loves
  • She has a good sense of humor
  • She is funny
  • She is cool
  • She takes interest in the things I like
  • She is always kind
  • She loves all animals, but especially dogs
  • She is always calm
  • How she can act like a kid in a good way
  • She is so smart
  • She is always very patient
  • She can keep everyone from being crazy
  • Putting Disney music on while we work
  • She makes us laugh
  • She's only serious when she has to be



What book/TV/movie character am I similar to and why?
  • Tinker Bell because she is magical and lifts people's spirits
  • Bolt because she loves adventure
  • Judy Hopps because she is always willing to help you
  • Belle because she loves books and would do anything to save someone from a curse
  • Moana because she likes adventures and fun
  • Merida because she is strong
  • Harry Potter because she loves magic
  • Bing Bong because of music and rainbows
  • Joy from Inside Out because you're always happy
  • Mulan because she fights for what she believes in and is adventurous
  • Joy because she is nice and bubbly and controls the pack just like Mrs. King controls the class
  • Hermione because she is smart
  • Rapunzel because she wants to see the world
  • Mufasa because you are a leader
  • Belle because you are brave and you don't care what people think
  • Mary Poppins, she is smart and encouraging
  • Fairy God Mother because she makes dreams come true
  • Merida because she is never scared to do anything
  • Billy Coleman because she loves her dogs just like he does
  • Professor McGonagall because she is tough but fair



What things do I love?
  • Reading
  • Math
  • Books
  • Having a good time
  • Her family
  • Dachshunds
  • Unicorns
  • Dogs
  • Animals
  • Disney movies
  • Up
  • Colors
  • Magic
  • Numbers
  • Music
  • Canada
  • Maddy and Ginny
  • Being a teacher
  • Hockey
  • Coffee
  • Traveling
  • Royal things
  • Rainbows
  • Harry Potter
  • Her husband
  • Disneyland
  • Disney World
  • Students that pay attention
  • The other fifth grade teachers
  • Star Wars
  • Summer
  • Winter
  • Teaching
  • Her students
  • Sparkly things
  • Sad movies
  • Crowns
  • Where the Red Fern Grows
  • Tinker Bell
  • Watching hockey
  • Not grading papers
  • Disney songs



What am I famous for saying?
  • Yet! You just don't get it YET!
  • Sit down and do your work!
  • Stop talking!
  • Hand me the clipboard!
  • Is this your best work?
  • Get out your folder!
  • Can we get ourselves together?
  • Don't quote me!
  • That's nonsense!
  • Don't give up!
  • You can do it!
  • Do your best!
  • I literally JUST said that!
  • When you're done, play a math game!
  • What made you think that was a good idea?
  • Get your work done!
  • What is happening?
  • Get it together, friends!
  • I believe in you!
  • What on earth?!?
  • I'm proud of you!
  • I'm not surprised because I knew you could do it!
  • Make yourself proud!
  • Put that pencil away because we are checking and this is for a grade!


There is something special about teaching fifth graders. I've taught fourth grade and I've taught sixth grade, and fifth grade just seems to be the sweet spot! These kids have made me smile with the sweet, funny, and honest things they wrote. (I'm still laughing over the answer "What made you think that was a good idea!")

I will miss this group and I hope they come back to visit often!

Happy Tails to you!

2 comments:

  1. "Bing Bong because of music and rainbows"
    hahaha

    "Get it together, friends!"
    Fact

    ReplyDelete