Sunday, July 5, 2020

Things are looking up!

We've had a very quiet week with Ginny as she's been healing, and the medication and strict bed rest seems to be working because she has been getting a little stronger each day!!

We're not letting her walk except to go out, and even then, we carry her out to the grass and then carry her back in. We aren't seeing any wobbling, stumbling, or knuckling of her paws when she's on the grass, so that is highly encouraging! She's been sleeping in the playpen at night (I sleep beside her on the couch), but during the day, we let her sleep on the couch as long as one of us is sitting right beside her. She'll finish up her meds in a few days, and I think that's when we'll be able to get a better sense of how she's actually feeling. I absolutely believe she is getting better, but I think the meds can mask the pain/discomfort, so I don't want to mistakenly assume everything is great.

the better she feels, the happier I feel!

pretty much my view all week as she slept
beside me on the couch during the day

moved the playpen into the kitchen
so I could watch her while I did a little baking

chocolate chip banana bread

cake mix cookies with Smarties

colorful birthday gifts I finally put to use!

Canada Day

Canada Day

Independence Day

sharing my coffee

napping with Mr. Toad


Because my mom is an amazing human being, she's going to be watching Ginny for us for the next few days while we are away. Ginny is about to be loved and doted on like never before!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment