Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Return to Sender

I recently got a piece of mail returned to me that I had apparently addressed incorrectly.

It was a Christmas card I sent to my aunt who lives up in Canada.

I took a picture of it
so I could email my aunt
to let her know it was
returned to me.

When I saw it, two things came to mind:

One, it struck me as really bizarre because I was sure I'd used their new address when I mailed out cards this past Christmas.

Two, and most importantly, it's now JUNE and this is a Christmas card.

I mean, I know mail delivery has been adversely impacted by the pandemic, but almost six months to return mail seems like a long time.

Before putting it in the recycling bin, I decided to open it because I wanted to look at the pictures and I knew seeing Ginny and Riley's adorable little faces would make me happy.

Imagine my surprise when I pulled THIS out:

Maddy, Ginny, & Sadie


This is our card from CHRISTMAS 2016!

I went back to the envelope and the postmarked date is JANUARY 3, 2017 (I was late in mailing our cards that year!).




WWHHAAAAAATT?!?

No wonder the address was wrong – they've moved since then!

This card was returned THREE-AND-A-HALF YEARS after I mailed it!!!

I even went back through my FB photos and found the one from when I mailed that card:




So crazy!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment