Saturday, June 6, 2020

Proud Vegetarian!

I love celebrating dates and anniversaries for all kinds of events that have happened, and in keeping with that tradition, today marks me being a vegetarian for exactly HALF of my life!

After spending my teenage years dabbling in vegetarianism, I finally just reached a point where I couldn't eat meat any longer. Even when I was an omnivore, I never liked seafood - I've never eaten lobster or crab or shrimp or anything of the sort - and I was not a fan of beef. Typically, I rarely ate anything other than chicken and I always felt horrible about it. While there may be a variety of reasons someone chooses vegetarianism, my decision is based on my love of animals. That's MY why. Animals!

Back in 2015, C and I visited The Gentle Barn in California, which is an animal sanctuary. It was an amazing day and we got to visit with many kinds of animals there! I fell in love with a donkey and loved hugging the cows!




From now on, I'll be able to say I've been a vegetarian for more than half of my life and I'll be so proud to do so!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment