Sunday, May 31, 2020

Quarantine: Week 11


Ginny with her cousins, Kaz and Max



Another week down! Overall, it was pretty quiet once again...lots of meetings as things start to wrap up for this school year and we start to prepare for next year.

We tried to do a few fun things this week - we had three lunch "picnic" dates in the car during our drives with Ginny. We got Elevation Burger (my favorite veggie burger), Mod Pizza, and Primanti Bros.!




The bird and squirrel watching continued:






we put this bird feeder on
our dining room window...

...and we had our first visitor!


We watched Defending Jacob on Apple TV+ and it was really good. I never read the book and I knew nothing about it before watching, and I'll happily admit that the only reason I was initially interested in it was because Chris Evans was the star. But it really kept me guessing and I was sad to see it end! It was only eight episodes, so not a huge time commitment, and I recommend it if you're looking for a good show!

We also finished watching all of the Pixar movies in order, just as we'd done with the Disney Animated Classics. Even though I didn't rank the Disney movies, here's my personal ranking of the 22 Pixar movies from best to worst:

1) Up
2) Coco
3) Inside Out
4) Incredibles 2
5) Brave
6) Toy Story 2
7) Monsters, Inc.
8) Toy Story 4
9) The Incredibles
10) Wall-E
11) Ratatouille
12) A Bug's Life
13) Toy Story 3
14) Monsters University
15) Toy Story
16) Cars
17) Onward
18) Cars 3
19) The Good Dinosaur
20) Cars 2
21) Finding Dory
22) Finding Nemo

I really don't understand how Finding Nemo and Finding Dory each made so much money! While the animation is beautiful, the story, the characters, and the humor leave so much to be desired! Marlin is the Pixar character I dislike the most and his presence is so grating that it ruins both movies for me. I ranked Finding Dory higher only because of the addition of great characters (Hank, Bailey, and Destiny) - not because of Dory. She's another character I don't particularly care for - the short-term memory thing gets old very quickly.

At the top of the list, there are some films I could watch over and over and over again and still cry every time. With every viewing of Coco, it creeps closer and closer to overtaking Up as my favorite Pixar film!

The movies will have to tide us over for a while; we cancelled our four remaining Disney trips we had planned for 2020. While we're a little disappointed, we've just decided to wait until things settle down and operations return to a more normal state.

Finally, the highlight of the week was my birthday and I was completely spoiled with kindness and generosity. I wasn't really looking forward to a quarantine birthday, but it turned out to be wonderful. I am so lucky to have the best people in my life!


















I've written a post every single day for two entire months, but I've decided to slow down because really there's not much to report on a daily basis! I'll probably post once or twice a week unless there's something fun to write about!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment