Thursday, May 21, 2020

Snow White

I've mentioned how much I've been enjoying the squirrels and birds on my deck. I've set up my "home office" in my dining room and I have a lovely view of them when I'm in there, which, to be honest, feels like ALL THE TIME.

Last Thursday, I was searching for a certain photo when I found the one of C and me from 1990 and decided to share that instead. Well, this is the photo I was searching for! I went camping a lot when I was a child because my grandparents owned an RV and apparently I was trying to become friends with little creatures even way back then.



Last August, a bird flew into the house, and as you might imagine, a lot of lunacy ensued as we tried to shoo it outside. C was being very methodical and coming up with practical suggestions for how to accomplish this; I just whistled and talked to the bird as it flew from room to room. Pretty accurately sums up how we each respond to crazy situations! LOL! 

Spoiler alert! C's approach resulted in the bird returning to the woods. My whistling and talking provided no assistance whatsoever. However, it did lead to a hilarious moment! At one point during the bird insanity, C said, "You're not Snow White!" and it still makes me laugh when I think about that!

That picture of me maybe indicates otherwise, though. :)

Here are a few pictures taken over the last couple of weeks:

adorable!

there are FOUR squirrels on the deck at once!

this one just hung out there for about 20 minutes
  
that tail!

this was taken right as the squirrel
chased the blue jay away!
  
two blue jays!

this pair of cardinals visits every single day!


Also, I found a few from WDW:

EVERY time I see a squirrel at WDW, I make the
same joke - "Is that you, King Arthur?" which
is a reference to The Sword in the Stone and
trust me, C never tires of it (wink, wink)

this one was very interested in my drink

and then he jumped up on me!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment