Thursday, May 7, 2020

Naps



It's Throwback Thursday, and I decided to share a picture of me from when I was young. What it really shows is that the more things change, the more they stay the same. I am notorious for falling asleep on the couch! During movies and TV shows, in particular, but really, I am all about taking a nap at any time! One of my favorite things to do after a long day of teaching has always been to have a nap on the couch right after school with our pups while we waited for C to get home from work. Seemed to me that they always liked this little routine; Ginny certainly loves it!

I like this quote because I think sleep is pretty much the best thing remedy for most things. When I'm mad, sad, lonely, grumpy, etc., I always feel better if I just go to sleep! You know that "rule" about never going to bed angry? Complete and utter nonsense! Go to bed! You'll undoubtedly feel better and probably have some perspective about what was making you mad! And since I wrote about laughter a few weeks ago, I thought it was the perfect quote for today!



By nature, I am a night owl. I do my best thinking at night, my most productive writing hours happen at night, and I am able to focus on tasks best at night. And by "night" I mean 11 pm to 2 am! Those are my best hours! Of course, that means I rarely get enough sleep before it is time to get up and start a new day, so I counteract that with naps!

My idea of wealth is not a certain amount of money in my bank account or expensive material possessions…it's the freedom to stay up when you want and sleep in as late as you'd like! Not many people have that type of freedom in their lives – I certainly don't! – but I dream of the day I might!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment