Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Live

When I changed my daily themes a bit for the month of May, I knew I wanted one day to be devoted to quotes I like, whether or not had a story or picture to go with them…and here we now are on Wisdom Wednesday.



While upon first glance, this may seem like a depressing thought, it has become one I refer to often.

It reminds me that none of us is making it out of here alive.

Is that a sad thought? No doubt.

Is it a liberating thought? ABSOLUTELY.

This quote has been helping to guide my decisions for several years – within reason, of course, because I can't just abandon all of responsibilities so C and I can live a nomadic lifestyle and just spend our lives traveling the world, even though that sounds pretty darn good to me. I just mean that I'm trying to say yes to things that bring me happiness while limit things that don't add to the quality of my life. This is perhaps Marie Kondo's influence, too…if it will bring me joy, then my answer is yes (as long as it's feasible!).

By no means have I mastered this. I'm still a people pleaser and that is not something I particularly admire about myself. I'm certainly a work in progress, but I've been working hard on setting boundaries and saying no to people who make unreasonable requests of my time.

We only get one life and we better make the best of it. And there is no one "best" to be had – so whatever your definition of "best" is, go for it. Whether we want to acknowledge it or not, our time here on earth is finite. We never know how much time we'll have, but we do know it will come to an end.

So live.

Happy Tails to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment