Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Doing Nothing

This is a personalized illustration that
Pete Docter, the director of Up,
created for us for our 20th anniversary!
A priceless treasure!


Up is one of my very favorite movies, and one of my favorite lines from the movie is when Russell says this:

"That might sound boring,
but I think the boring stuff
is the stuff I remember the most."

I relate to this sentiment so strongly that I have this quote framed and hanging in my office. While I love all of the grand adventures C and I have experienced, it's really the regular, day-to-day things that I cherish most. The million little routines and inside jokes that wouldn't make sense to or impress anyone else.

As such, I had already decided that I was going to share this quote today for Wisdom Wednesday, but then we were watching After Life 2 the other day, and one of the scenes included a very similar idea.

Ricky Gervais's character, Tony, is grieving the loss of his wife, and he says,

"I don't miss doing things with Lisa;
I miss doing nothing with Lisa."

Exactly. I love all of the "doing nothing" with C.

If you haven't watched After Life, you really should. Each of the two seasons are only 6 episodes, so it's a perfect series for a binge session!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment