Friday, April 2, 2021

Spring Break 2021: Day 6


We ate breakfast at a little place across the street from the resort - we'd gotten take-out from there a couple of days ago and it was so good that we decided to go back! We realized that this was only the fourth time in almost 13 months that we've eaten a meal inside a restaurant (two of those times were at WDW restaurants last July and the third was at Shenandoah NP)!





After breakfast, we spent the morning in the lazy river and at the pool prior to the intense mid-day sun, and then spent the afternoon enjoying the resort and completing an Easter Egg scavenger hunt, which I naively thought would be a bit of a joke, but actually turned out to be challenging! We ended up wandering all over the place trying to find the eggs, and while we were doing so, we happened upon Mickey and Minnie who had just appeared for a character meet! Perfect timing! At one point, we'd found nine of the ten eggs, but were stuck on the last one, so I eventually had to ask a cast member for a clue; I'm glad I did, because we wouldn't have found otherwise, as it was tucked up high on a balcony!







eggs to find!










this is the one we wouldn't have found
without a hint from the cast member!














Once the sun wasn't quite so intense in the later afternoon, we hung out at the beach for a while, which is what I'm going to miss most about this place! I love just sitting and listening to the waves and staring off at the horizon because life is so calm and peaceful in those moments and I feel like I don't have a care in the world!




Every night this week, we've ordered dinner from local places through Door Dash and we've eaten in our room, and the Mexican food we had tonight was absolutely delicious! Once it was dark, we went for a long walk along the beach and studied the night sky, and then took pics around the resort. It was such a beautiful night!













Tomorrow is the dreaded check out day, so we also spent some time packing so that we don't have to get up particularly early in the morning. I'm pretty pleased with the restraint I showed in terms of souvenirs because for years, I used to bring home far too many things from trips and I'm so much better about that now! We've been decluttering for a year or so at home and that has really helped me have the mindset that even if I think something is super cute, I don't want to have to find a space for it! My weakness is coffee mugs, which I buy all the time, and this trip was no exception, but because the room had a coffee maker in it, I bought the mugs on the first day and we've used them all week!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment