Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Fan of Felines

While I am very much a "dog person," I also like cats, but since C, B2, and my dad are allergic, we won't ever be cat owners. However, we've had two cats hanging around the house over the past few weeks! At least that's what C has reported, as I've not seen these cats with my own eyes.

That is, until tonight, when one of them was sitting on the table on our deck!


I went outside and it was extremely friendly, so I played with it while C and Ginny stayed in the house. What a sweetheart! It does not have a collar, but is clearly someone's pet! When I came back in the house, it tried to follow me in, and I was reminded how agile and quick cats are!

I was texting with my BFFs about it and one of them is a cat mom. I asked if it was ok to give the cat some chicken, and when she told me I could, I took some of Ginny's chicken outside and the cat seemed to enjoy it. After hanging around on the deck for a little longer, the cat wandered off, but I hope it will come back to visit because I loved him/her!












My grandma had cats throughout my entire life and I have a ridiculous and rather embarrassing story about a cat and my grandma. The summer before ninth grade, I was at the mall with a friend and we went into a pet store - this was long ago and I had no idea how awful pet stores were and I'm sorry I didn't know better! - and they had kittens for sale. Ten dollars. I fell in love with one of them and had babysitting money with me and obviously I left the pet store with a kitten.

The problem was that as I mentioned B2 and my dad were allergic (this happened during my pre-C years!), and I kind of panicked on the way home, so I took the kitten to my grandma's house. I named her Georgie (I have no idea why), but my grandma ended up renaming her Gloria and my grandma kept and loved that cat for her entire life!

My grandma is an amazing woman and I love her with all my heart!

The best part of the story is that before my grandma renamed her, she took her to the vet for a checkup and when they asked for a name, my brothers, who happened to be with her, told the receptionist that the kitten's name was "Little Kool-Aid," so that was her name at the vet! I was mad at the time, but it is so ludicrous that I can't help but love this story now!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment