Monday, January 31, 2022

Life Lately January 2022

January always feels like a really long month, and this year was no exception. It started off with a big snowstorm for this area, and then just getting back into the swing of things at school after winter break is always challenging!

I couldn't get it together enough to order Christmas cards in time, but I did manage to order "Happy New Year" cards and finally mail them on January 8! While I don't really make resolutions, in the spirit of the new year, I did set a challenge for myself. I also knew if there was any hope of me keeping it up throughout the year it would have to be something fun I would want to do. Since my niece loves getting mail - as does my nephew, even though he's still pretty little - I decided to send them 365 postcards this year! The first 20 postcards each had a geography fact on it, and the ones I'm sending now have a funny puns and cute cartoons on them. Hopefully I can keep finding fun ones to send them throughout the year!

better late than never

the first bunch of postcards
for my niece and nephew

I love winter!

the first day of school in 2022
and my calendar page was perfect

remember the cat that visited last year?
she came back and hung out with me
in the garage for a while!

she really wanted to come inside,
but I couldn't let her in because of C's allergies,
so instead I just texted my best friend
a million times asking for advice on what to do
LOL!

enjoyed a sunny, cold walk in the woods

such a beautiful final season

received this toll bill from LAST JULY
when we were in Colorado...
six-plus months after the fact

I'd seen a lot of people doing
the ten year photo challenge, so I made this
version with two of my favorite fictional teachers

framed this beyond perfect print that I got for Christmas

finally hung up the puzzles we completed and
framed way back in the summer of 2020

also hung up this picture I got for C...
eight of our favorite places we've visited:
Barcelona, Paris, Reykjavik, Prague,
Tokyo, Phuket, Singapore, Oslo

a very exciting gift from my mom

the most gorgeous suitcases that we
plan to take on some grand adventures


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment