Sunday, November 6, 2022

You've Got a Friend in Me

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out.
It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.
We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
- Albert Schweitzer -

This is a long overdue friend appreciation post!

When I read the quote above, I immediately thought of these two people. Our teaching careers were what brought us together, but our outside-of-school antics are what we've built this friendship on.

We have deep, serious conversations and we can also be silly together; I typically keep my guard up around people, but that is not something I do with them because they've seen my weirdo side and like me anyway!

Simply put, whatever time I spend with them is a gift. I'm so lucky to have them in my life and grateful that they always rekindle my inner spirit!



Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment