Monday, October 31, 2022

Life Lately October 2022

Since I've shared just about everything throughout the month as it happened, there's really not much to say about October.

It was a month of cancelled plans. We had a trip to Toronto and a trip to Denver scheduled; obviously both were impossible given my mom's situation. We had tickets to The Office Experience in D.C. and had to forgo that outing. We had tickets to Pixar Putt in Denver and had to miss that as well. You may recall that we had tickets to Pixar Putt last October in NYC and had to cancel those plans because Ginny was sick. So we've had tickets to that twice and haven't been able to go either time.

October has become a month I associate with a lot of sadness. We lost our first gal and our final gal in October; the 11th marked one year without Ginny and the 20th marked seven years with out Chelsea. The 26th marked one year without my beloved grandma. So many sad anniversaries, coupled with the trying ordeal we just experienced with my mom, and I am very happy to bid October farewell.

Speaking of my mom, she is doing okay, but the days are long and challenging. If you've ever been a caregiver, you understand. We're figuring things out together, but it is a process, and as I suspected, the real work began when she came home. I took today off to take her to multiple doctor appointments so C could have a break because when I say he has been doing everything, I mean he has been doing EVERYTHING. I'd like to think that I don't know what I would do without him, but I actually do...I would have to resign from my job. He has been the most incredible human and it's only because of all that he does that I'm able to do what I need to do. Last week, I had 12 hours days every single day and he took care of ALL THE THINGS at home. I didn't worry once because I knew he had it under control.

The exhaustion for the three of us is no joke. It has been a stressful month on many levels, not the least of which were the daily 40+ minute drives each way to and from the hospital after working all day once I had returned to work the week following my mom's surgery. I'm so glad we are done with those! Hopefully things will get easier as my mom continues to recover and we all adjust to our new normal, and in the meantime, I will continue to count my lucky stars that my mom is getting better!

I found these ornaments
a few weeks ago...
C and me!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment