Saturday, October 1, 2022

Epcot Love

Today is the 40th anniversary of Epcot! It's C's favorite park, so we spend a lot of time at Epcot when we visit WDW, and we have what feels like a zillion happy memories from there!

I first visited the park in March 1983 when my family went to WDW for spring break, and I've been in love with it since. That trip marked the first time I rode Journey Into Imagination, as it had just opened a few weeks earlier on March 5, 1983. 

For some reason, it's now cool to be a fan of Figment, but I remember how very uncool it was for a long time - which did nothing to dim my love for him. I wrote my fifth grade speech about Epcot, with the entire opening of the speech focused on Figment, and I wore a pink Epcot hat to school every day of fifth grade because I was obsessed. Never cared for a moment whether or not that made me cool!

You might recall that when we went to Epcot back in January, I wanted to buy a Figment popcorn bucket, but they were sold out, leaving me both annoyed and disappointed. 

Imagine my surprise when I opened my birthday gift in May to find a Figment popcorn bucket from one of my dearest friends! She had found it online for me (and enlisted the help of her son, who is one of my former students to do so)! Months later, I still can't believe she did that for me; she said she read in my blog how much I wanted one and then made it happen. Truly one of my favorite birthday gifts I've ever received!

 A lot of things have changed in 40 years, but my love for Figment hasn't!


I still have the hat, all these years later!
You can see how old and well-loved it is!




drank our coffee today out of
our vintage Epcot mugs
(and yes, I planned my nail
polish colors to match!)

my favorite Minnie of all-time...
from Epcot's opening day


when "The Rainbow Connection"
was played with a light display on Spaceship Earth:


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment