Friday, September 30, 2022

Life Lately September 2022

The month started off well, with a Disney Cruise, but definitely went downhill from there (although we did take a fun day trip to NYC). My mom spent time in the hospital and has been recuperating ever since; the beginning of the school year is always insanely busy, and this one has been no exception!

Thankfully, C has been able to take my mom to her many appointments and he is the one dealing with all of her medication, including changing her IV every day. I can never fully capture the depth of my appreciation for him, but he has demonstrated yet again what a wonderful human being he is. Without him, I do not know what I would do because I cannot provide the same level of care and attention to my mom while working full-time that he does...and I'm so grateful that he is able to work remotely and has flexibility that does not exist in the teaching world. The peace of mind knowing he is home with her and available in case anything happens is beyond priceless.

Three ridiculous and/or embarrassing moments of the month include: me leaving a new and rather pricey hoodie hanging outside on the Kiss and Ride sign at school, realizing it a few hours later once I was home, and driving back to school in a panic to retrieve it (it was exactly where I'd left it!); me meeting my best friend for dinner and not finding her in the restaurant, only for her to text me to ask if I was in the correct restaurant, which I was not; and me getting something off a shelf in a storage room at school and being smashed in the face by a fairly heavy object falling off of that shelf and kind of having a black eye.

I'm so glad September is over! I did have a cute moment this morning when a third grader and I discovered at Kiss and Ride that we were wearing matching shoes, so that absolutely made my day!






this is what smashed me in the face!



adorable


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment