Monday, October 24, 2022

Finally Discharged!

I am so excited to report that my mom is home!

happiness!

She was taken off all antibiotics on Thursday and taken off the IV nutrition on Saturday; and she had the picc line and the midline removed today. Huge, exciting updates!

It has been an exhausting and stressful 15-night / 16-day hospital stay, filled with some very scary moments. If you include her previous hospital stay from October 2-7 and our trip to the ER on October 8, today was the twenty-third day in a row that my mom and I were together in a hospital. 23 days!

Tomorrow that streak ends...as I type this we are sitting together in the family room!

We still have a lot of work ahead of us. We'll have home health care coming to help my mom as she continues to recover and also many appointments to attend. But the fact that she is home is awesome. I went to the hospital every night last week after working all day and didn't get home until almost 11:00 pm, and some nights it was later than that. C caught a cold and didn't want to pass any germs to my mom, so I went by myself toward the end of the week and over the weekend, which added to the exhaustion because at least when we were making the long drive together, we had each other's company to keep us going! Definitely not the same to drive home late at night by myself!

However, me being run down is absolutely nothing compared to what my mom has endured, and having her home means I can rest with her as she is recuperating! She has been through the wringer and emerged victorious against all odds. Some quiet time watching movies and napping sounds pretty great to both of us!

this was from Saturday...
still very pale, but feeling better!

getting her color back and
ready to go home!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment