Tuesday, December 27, 2022

2022 Postcard Challenge Completed!

Back in January, I challenged myself to send my niece and nephew 365 postcards in 2022 and I'm happy to report that I was successful! I usually wrote them out in batches, and then mailed a couple at a time (when we were going to be out of town, I mailed several at once). When I started, it seemed like it would be an easy thing to do, which it was, but finding cute, kid-friendly postcards was trickier than I'd anticipated! I did find some nice beach, space, animal, and nature scenery postcards, as well as a few random ones throughout the year when we traveled. I dated each one so they (and I!) could keep track, and the only time I messed up was when I came across the one dated October 26 not too long ago, which I found in the box where I kept the postcards, stamps, and address labels. I popped it in the mail, but I don't honestly recall if I realized it was "missing" back in October and just sent another in its place. So either they didn't receive the October 26 postcard until very recently, or if they now have two postcards dated October 26. LOL! Either way, they surely took less time to arrive than we ones I mailed them from Portugal last November, which took eleven weeks to arrive!

For the final fifty postcards, I found a set of "Greetings From..." postcards with one for each state, so I sent them in the order that each state joined the Union. I mailed the last two (Alaska, dated December 30 and Hawaii, dated December 31) this morning before we left on our road trip. Given their young ages, 5 and 3, I know they can't grasp what an undertaking this was, but I do know they liked getting mail all year, and I had fun doing it!

posted this in January 2022

first bunch that were mailed

they didn't get the Portugal postcards that
I mailed in November until February

the final fifty for the year

the last two!


Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment