Saturday, December 31, 2022

Life Lately December 2022

As months go, December was fine. As usual, school was a bit crazy because everyone is excited about winter break and just counting down the days, myself included. We cancelled yet another trip because my mom was having a hard time and I didn't want to leave her, and the timing turned out to be a blessing in disguise because both C and I ended up being very sick, so traveling would not have been fun whatsoever.

S1 and I were supposed to go to an outdoor Harry Potter exhibit and we were assured that it would not be closed/cancelled due to weather conditions. She drove 90 minutes and I drove an hour, through cold, rainy, absolutely miserable weather, and guess what? It ended up being cancelled due to flooding! At least we got to have dinner together, but still very disappointing and frustrating!

We went to two holiday concerts, the first of which was with framily beyond fabulous, while the second was at the Kennedy Center, and was also very entertaining. At school, the teachers were placed on teams to complete different challenges, and since our mascot is a bear, all of the teams were named after different types of bears. I was pretty pleased to be placed on the Pooh Bear team, and even thought my team didn't even come close to winning, it was fun, mostly because one of my best friends kidnapped the large Pooh Bear I brought to school and I had to repeatedly track him down! My favorite day at school this month was when therapy dogs visited for the day and teachers were encouraged to spend time with them; I took full advantage of their visit. Outside of school, we went to The Office Experience and I finished my postcard challenge before we took a short road trip after Christmas.

Compared with the previous three months, December was definitely an improvement! Hoping this trend continues into January!









another mileage milestone for my car

my nephew Kazak

my nephew Max




Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment