Friday, June 28, 2024

Life Lately May/June 2024

May and June came and went quickly, which I attribute to the frantic nature of the end of the school year and the anticipation of our summer travel!

As might be expected, I have plenty of pics of Avalanche:

always judging

dog parents obsessed with their boy

there was no one at the park, so we
dropped his leash to give him a little freedom
and he just walked right alongside C anyway

tried to take a family pic

he has decided he likes being under this table...
maybe it feels like a den?



he met a bunny

and a turtle





he's built for extremely cold temperatures
and yet loves to lay out in the sun
when it's over 100 degrees
#idontgetit

he went to his cousin's swim meet





another day of scorching temps
and he was just snoozing the afternoon away





a lot of the time, he watches TV with us,
so I'm just going to assume he takes after me
and also loves Ewan McGregor








he is so well behaved when we take him out in public!






being dramatic



very interested in the tent we always put up for our
niece and nephew to play in when they visit

at the vet and laser-focused on the door leading to the exit



you may recall that he was "dismissed"
from a grooming appointment for
"screaming" and "trying to escape"

we've decided just to bathe him ourselves
after having been forced to do so when he
got skunked back in February
and realizing it really isn't that difficult

he does not enjoy it
LOL

the face he made when I told him,
"almost done!"

blow drying him out on the porch

a VERY small sample of the fur we combed off
of him after his bath

then there are the fluffy clouds of fur all over the house


My friend also has a Husky and he is only a year old. Her daughter kindly babysat Avalanche for us on two different occasions so he could have some play time and we wouldn't have to leave him at home alone while we went out. She sent us pics throughout the day and Avalanche clearly had a great time because he was absolutely spent and slept most of the following day both times!







the judgment oozing from this pic
LOL


we went to the Kennedy Center for a
wonderful NSO performance of Disney music

hat and shirt courtesy of
our road trip to UConn

this adorable friend visited our deck

I've written about the cat before;
she clearly lives somewhere near us
and has come by on several occasions

we hadn't seen her in a while,
so it was nice to hang out with her

she is so sweet and friendly



she really wanted to come in the house
(C's allergy to cats precludes this)

got to spend some time with some of my
favorite former colleagues to celebrate one of them
getting a great new opportunity at a different school

these two amazing humans are my
coaching mentors and I adore them

the greatest fifth grade team reunited at our former
school for the senior walk to cheer on our now
high school graduates we taught seven years ago!

forever my team








my birthday was at the end of May
and C made me the Lego Up House
and put it on my cake 

got to spend time with my nephew Max,
one of the loves of my life,
who is almost 15

loved, loved, loved this show

Jon Bon Jovi...amazing

this was C's birthday cake and the candles
were lovingly placed by our niece and nephew
LOL

when my mom and I celebrated her birthday
at WDW in 2021, she didn't want a cake
or a sundae or a cupcake...she wanted a Mickey bar

this was my first Mother's Day without her and
my best friend brought me these and said,
"I know they were your mom's favorites"
(she has been everything to me since losing my mom
and this is just one example of what
an incredible best friend she is)

Mother's Day was really tough,
but I love this message

this was the text my mom sent me last Mother's Day...
I miss her so much

my mom's bday was in June - another first without her - and we
like to celebrate her in different little ways by enjoying things she loved;
my two brothers and I, along with our spouses and our niece and nephew,
had a facetime call on our mom's bday so we could reminisce
and sing her Happy Birthday together
#familyiseverything

she loved turtle sundaes!

we ended June by delivering my three house plants
to my best friend's house because she and her husband are
going to take care of them while we are away

someone was super judgy about the whole thing


Today was my last day of work and I have four weeks of summer break! I'm looking forward to some fun adventures and very few responsibilities!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment