Monday, August 13, 2018

Dog Hotel

We've always known how fortunate we are to have my mom willing and able to take care of our dogs whenever we travel.

However, she's somewhat out of commission at the moment!

What's the next best thing? The pet retreat that is affiliated with our veterinary clinic! They have access to all of our dogs' records and there is always a vet available for any problem that might arise. Not as good as my mom's care, but Maddy and Ginny have stayed there before a few times and so even though it was heartbreaking to leave them there, we know they will be well cared for while C and I are away.

Our flight is first thing in the morning, so that meant that we had to check them in at the retreat this evening. I'm not going to sugarcoat things...they were not happy to be there. However, they followed the tech to their kennel and we have webcam access so we can check in on them any time.

It was so weird to drive home without them! They are such a constant presence that the house is just not the same with them not here!

In the car heading to the pet retreat...
pretty sure they knew something shady was up!


Not happy, but following along nonetheless!

This face!

And this one!

Look at them huddling up together in the corner!
Oh my heart!
The guilt!

We will undoubtedly have a super fun time on our trip, but we are already looking forward to picking them up on Saturday morning! We love these little dogs so much!

Happy Tails to you!

2 comments:

  1. I read about Maddy on Instagram and wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss of her. There are no words to make it better I know. Just wanted to let you know your in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete