Sunday, January 31, 2021

Life Lately January 2021

What a weird month it's been! On one hand, it felt like it would never end, and yet here we are and I'm kind of wondering where it went. We started the month in 70 degree weather and ended it today shoveling our driveway, but no complaints here, because I love winter, I love snow, and school is cancelled tomorrow!




We tried to take Ginny for a walk whenever the weather allowed; C ended up taking her without me most of the time because I was at school during the day. Back at the beginning of the month, we also went into D.C. to see a cool holiday light display, but have not been back because between the insanity that took place on January 6, and the inauguration, we've been avoiding D.C. as much as possible.







Hockey finally being back has been great because we'd really been missing it over the past few months. A shorter season means each game is important, so it will be fun to watch the standings as the season goes on. Not going to lie, though…it's weird to watch Toronto only play other Canadian teams!




We finished three Disneyland puzzles over three days – they're the classic attraction posters and we love Disney history and loved how they turned out!







The highlight of the month for me had to be getting the COVID vaccine yesterday. I'm beyond grateful to have received my first dose of the vaccine; I am acutely aware that there are so many people who have not had the opportunity to be vaccinated yet. I hope the rollout continues smoothly and we are able to get people the vaccine so that life might return to some semblance of normalcy. I'm the only one in my family to receive a dose so far, and I'm extremely anxious for my mom to get the vaccine. While of course we'll all continue to exercise caution, it's a relief to feel like things are finally moving in the right direction.




To wrap things up, here are some recent photos!

a throw pillow from my brother,
based on the pic below!


my mom and Ginny saying TTFN

my new Slinky sweatshirt!

the back of the sweatshirt!


new artwork in my office
from one of my best friends

rainbow day at school


























one day I got home from school
and these two were sleeping in the basement;
neither of them heard me come in
LOL






Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment