Monday, February 1, 2021

Backpack Update

A few weeks ago, I posted that we bought a backpack for Ginny to carry her when we go on longer walks. The first time we put her in it, I had put a blanket in the bottom that took up far too much space and she ended up sitting really awkwardly, which annoyed her. Frankly, I can't blame her!

Last weekend, we went for a long walk in a nearby forest, and given her recent diagnosis, we really didn't want to overdo it, so we put the backpack to the test. I'm happy to report that it is a hit! Not only did I put a much smaller blanket in the bottom for her to sit on, but we realized that there's a zipper to make it easy to get her in and out of it - unlike the first time we tried it when we struggled to slide (i.e., shove) her body in through the top opening. So sorry about that, Ginny!

This time, she settled right in and seemed to enjoy being carried in it. I really do think that the elevated position gives her so much more to look at than her typical, so-low-to-the-ground view!

the first time we put her in it...
not great

on our long walk...
much better!






Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment