Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Ginny & Max Again

My two brothers and I share the responsibility of our mom's care; when one of us is out of town, one of the others steps in. Even when my mom was living with us, if C and I traveled, one of my brothers (and of course, my sisters-in-law) would take over. It gives us all some peace of mind to know someone is available to help her anytime she needs us.

Let me interrupt myself to clarify who's who. You may have noticed that I don't use people's names in this blog because it's public. In the past, I've used my brothers' initials, but I've decided that I will refer to them as B1 and B2 (and by extension, S1 and S2) from now on. Why this idea didn't occur to me before now, I don't know!

Now that my mom's not living with me as we wait for everyone to be vaccinated while I have to be at school around people everyday, B1 and S1 have assumed the main caretaker roles. My mom only a five-minute walk away from them and that is working out pretty well. The nice thing is that my mom doesn't have to navigate any stairs, which she does when she is at my house and also at B1's house. S1 checks in on her daily, gets groceries for her, and takes her to appointments. I'm extremely grateful to B1 and S1 because I know my mom is being taken care of.

When we went to Hilton Head, my mom came to our house to watch Ginny for us, and B2 came and stayed with her. Last week, B1 and S1 were out of town, so B2 and S2 came once again to handle her care. It is a team effort over here to make sure my mom isn't alone! While she is able to do many things independently, it's just better for everyone if we all know one of us is keeping an eye on things.

We had some of my mom's mail, so we decided to take Ginny for a ride to drop it off this past weekend. While the mail is certainly important, we had an ulterior motive for going: we wanted Ginny to be able to see Max (B2's dog) because she is in love with him. I'm not exaggerating when I say that...I wrote an entire post about the two of them back in August!

When we got to my mom's, we stayed outside (her apartment is luckily on the ground floor), while my mom and B2 stayed inside and just opened the sliding glass door to chat. Max came out on the balcony and the reunion between Max and Ginny was so precious! He jumped up and kissed her immediately!

Max was so excited to see her!

I cannot handle these pics!


Here are a few other pics of the two of them from when we were away in December; B2 sent them to me while he and Max were keeping my mom company!






Seeing Max - and getting to hang out with him - is one of Ginny's favorite things in the entire world! Watching the two of them together is one of mine!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment