Sunday, February 28, 2021

Life Lately February 2021

February has been an unusual month! While January seemed like it would never end, February has passed in the blink of an eye! At school, we had four snow days, three two-hour delays, and the Presidents' Day holiday, and I personally had two sick days to recover from the second dose of the vaccine…no wonder the month felt choppy. I'm hoping March resembles a more normal month!



We celebrated Lunar New Year on February 12 with Chinese food for dinner and a pineapple fish prosperity cake for dessert. With my family being half Chinese, this is an important day to me, made even more awesome by the fact that it's the Year of the Ox, which is the Zodiac sign for my mom, S1, and me!




perfect mugs for Lunar New Year!


My beloved grandma turned 93 over Valentine's Day weekend, and getting to FaceTime with her courtesy of my aunt was the highlight of the whole month for me. I love, love, love, love, love her SO much and seeing her face and hearing her voice made me incredibly happy! I'm really hoping that the border to Canada opens up sometime this year so that my mom and I can go visit her in person. Until then, I'm very thankful for technology!








my forever valentines


As for the rest of the month, there's really not much to report! I've already shared that we had no propane for a couple of days, and yes, I do continue to be obsessed with the birds and squirrels that visit our deck!




Ginny had some bloodwork done to monitor her response to the medication she started, and she seems to be doing quite well. Fingers crossed this continues!



































The countdown to spring break begins with the onset of March tomorrow; there are only 20 school days to go! Students from all grade levels are now officially back in the building, but of those, most come in person only two days a week, and there are others who have opted to remain virtual for the entire school year. Due to the social distancing requirements and the fact that I have a small office, almost all of my reading groups will continue to take place over zoom for the foreseeable future. One of the best things about this is that I will continue to see many of my students' pets! This was my favorite zoom screen from the entire month of February:




Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment