Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Friends Reunited

This past weekend, four friends and I had a mini reunion! We've been friends for over sixteen years, but we hadn't been all together in more than three! Part of that was due to the pandemic and part of it was due to one of us moving to another state, but whatever the reasons, it felt like we'd been apart for about a thousand years. When the last of us arrived, we all cried happy tears that we were together.


We found each other because we all taught at the same school, but life has led in a variety of directions. I'm so grateful for technology because our text conversations keep us connected as we update each other with news, funny stories, pictures, random memes, and whatever else comes to mind!

If you know me, you know I love dates and numbers and keeping track of things, so I quizzed each of them to compile some interesting facts about our friendship!

Over the course of our friendship...
  • the five of us have taught in 12 different schools
  • we've had 22 different jobs
  • there have been 2 weddings and 5 babies born
  • we've lived at 18 different addresses
That's a lot of change in sixteen years, and yet our friendship remains steadfast. Spending the day with them this past weekend was amazing and wonderful, and now that life is kind of back to normal, we're planning on seeing each other much more often again! I love these women so much and I don't know what I'd do without them! They listen to my nonsense, support my sometimes crazy ideas, and cheer me on at every turn. I'm so grateful that teaching brought us together all those years ago!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment