Sunday, April 12, 2015

Cherry Blossoms!


Despite living in the area for as long as we have, we never make a point of going into DC to see the cherry blossoms.  I generally don't like cities and I certainly don't like crowds, and weekends in DC during the peak bloom of the cherry blossoms is the perfect storm of insanity.

However, we were fortunate enough to be able to see them from the water this year, thanks to my brother!  No crowds, just a leisurely few hours out on the water on a gorgeous day.  At one point, when we were across from the Jefferson memorial, we hopped out of the boat for a few minutes to take some photos, then hopped back in to continue on our way.  We were so spoiled to have my brother act as our tour guide - he is on the water almost every day coaching his rowers and I loved how he pointed out various things to us that I would have never known otherwise!

We ended up taking two boats because there were eight of us, plus my canine nephew Max, who regularly goes out in the boat with my brother.

I rode in one boat with my dad and two brothers, and it was fabulous!  In addition to the cherry blossoms (and other boats), we saw countless planes take off from and land at Reagan National, as well as a helicopter that flew overhead.  Here are some photos I took throughout the day.  I did not have time to edit them, so I tried to pick the best of the ones I had (and as usual, they are phone photos, not good quality photos from C's camera!).


Max - eager and ready to go!























Living the dream!






If you don't live in the area, but one day have the chance to visit and see the cherry blossoms in person, I highly recommend doing so.  Absolutely beautiful!

Happy Tails to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment